When you read this recipe, you will crave a good praline cake, that’s for sure! If you try it, it’s a pure delight!
Just wait, and we’ll tell you how to make it extra delicious! Open your mind to taking a few minutes to read on.
First you will need some utensils. It’s very simple:
- A small bowl
- A salad bowl
- A spatula
- A tablespoon
- A mold
For this delicious praline cake recipe, the choice of mold is very important! Forget the pie pan! Only use a round mold of about 24 cm in diameter, with a fairy high rim, about 7 cm at minimum.
The following ingredients will serve as the basis for your praline cake recipe:
- 120g crushed pralines
- 125g of butter
- 4 eggs
- 125g of sugar
- 115g flour
- 50cl of milk
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Separate the whites from the yolks
- In a bowl, beat the yolks and sugar with a mixer. Add, mixing between, the melted butter, flour, water, and milk. Stir well.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Add them to the preparation. Break them up slightly, but do not mix entirely. You should see foam on top, but you should not see any white color.
- Line the bottom of the mold with half the pralines. Pour the preparation, before sprinkling the rest of the pralines on top.
- Bake at 150° for 55 minutes. When you start baking, you will fall under the spell of this delicious sweet and suave smell that escapes from your oven.
Please, do not open it! I know, it’s too tempting, and you want to taste it, but all good things must wait!
Finally, when you take it out, make sure all the gluttons around you (they are waiting for this moment with great impatience!), do not devour this sweet praline cake immediately: It must cool down first for at least 3 hours. After that, you can unmold and add some cinnamon sprinkles on top if you so desire.
Enjoying a good praline cake after a long day is something you deserve. We recommend serving it with vanilla ice cream and an Irish coffee if you’re feeling fancy.
Another good variation is to make the praline cake with lemon glaze.
List of ingredients
- 100 g of icing sugar,
- 2 tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice or lemon syrup
- 2 tablespoons of hot water,
- (optional): the zest of half of an untreated natural lemon.
Lemon glaze: Preparation
To prepare your lemon topping, mix 100 grams of icing sugar with 2 tablespoons of hot water in a bowl.
Then squeeze half of a fresh lemon to extract the juice.
Gradually pour 2 tablespoons of the juice thus extracted into the bowl, while continuing to mix to avoid the formation of lumps.
You can also use 2 tablespoons of lemon syrup instead of lemon juice; this will make the icing taste slightly sweeter. But with the pralines, I would choose lemon juice over lemon syrup.
The preparation must have a smooth and homogeneous appearance.
To make the topping, spread the mixture all over your cake using a spatula.
Once the cake is evenly covered, refrigerate it for at least 15 minutes so that the topping is well set.
If you want to serve the cake not too cold, keep it cool, then let it rest at room temperature just before tasting.
Lemon glaze: Tips and Tricks
For lovers of strong lemon taste, you can add lemon zest to the topping. For this, carefully wash an untreated natural lemon. Grate the skin of the lemon using a grater or a peeler, taking care to remove only the outer layer (yellow part), the inner layer (white) being bitter.
Finally, the long-awaited moment has arrived!!!
Enjoy this WITHOUT moderation...
We sincerely hope I made your mouth watery with my praline cake.
See you soon for new recipes, each more delicious than the next.