You like pralines, you dream of a cheesecake, don't wait any longer to discover our praline cheesecake recipe.
Simple and tasty, it will please the most delicate palates.
It will be the perfect snack and highlight your talents as an accomplished cook. Don’t be afraid, though. Within everyone's reach, you will be able to receive the compliments you’re longing for.
When we first experienced it, we had no idea how successful it would be.
And this success lies partly in the addition of our delicious pralines, which give the praline cheesecake all its flavour and originality...
It will become your new favourite desserts, and for sure a classic when you have guests.
This sweet and generous praline cheesecake is just waiting for you to eat it.
Are you ready to embark on this culinary experience?
To discover a new way to delight the palate of your guests? To treat all your loved ones the way they deserve?
So, get to your stove!
To make this praline cheesecake you will need the following utensils:
- A medium bowl
- A food processor
- A spoon
- A springform pan
You will use the following ingredients:
For the crust:
- 1 and 1/2 cups (150g) graham cracker crumbs (about 10 full sheet graham crackers)
- 5 Tablespoons (70g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
For the cheesecake:
- four 8-ounce blocks (907g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240g) full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (optional, but recommended)
- 3 eggs
For the praline topping:
- 1 cup (180g) pralines
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 2 cups plain (400g) yogurt
This recipe is made of several steps: the crust part, the cheesecake part, the praline topping.
First step: the crust part
- Turn on the oven at 350°F (180 °c)
- Put the graham crackers in the food processor and mix with the sugar and butter that you will have melted a little before (30 seconds in the microwave will make it very soft). Mixture will be sandy.
- Press firmly into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan. No need to grease the pan first. I use the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust down tightly.
- Pre-bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven
- Allow crust to slightly cool as you prepare the filling. You can put it in the fridge and move on to the cheesecake part.
Second step: the cheesecake part
- Beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together with a mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon juice then beat until fully combined.
- On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just blended.
- After the final egg is incorporated into the batter, stop mixing.
- To help prevent the cheesecake from deflating and cracking as it cools, avoid over-mixing the batter as best you can.
- You will get about 6 cups of batter.
- Put it in the fridge.
Third step: the praline topping
- Put the pralines in the food processor and mix with the plain yoghurt, the sugar and the 2 eggs.
- Stir until you get a smooth cream.
- Take the springform pan out of the fridge and add the cheesecake filling and the praline topping. Bake for 40/45 minutes at 350°F.
- Turn off the oven and leave your praline cheesecake inside for 20/30 minutes
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven and put it in the fridge overnight.
The next day the magic will work! You can finally take your praline cheesecake out of the fridge and get the party started!
Because this cake is much more than a dessert: An expression of love. Don't forget that love is the basis of all success and we think it's safe to say that it represents the main ingredient by far.
Hope you had fun trying this new recipe out and that you will share this delicious praline cheesecake with your friends and family.
Enjoy the moment!